Holiday Card Series 2017 - Snow Globe - Shaker Card

dimanche 15 octobre 2017

Hey there,

Here is a shaker card I made using a new Craftin Desert Divas stamp set called "Nice List". I love snow globes (actually I collect them! ^^) so I thought it would be nice to create a snow globe card starring this cute little Santa.


I first started by cutting my sentiment in a kind of round shape so it could be placed on the base of my snow globe. I used that shape to cut a bigger piece in silver mirror cardstock to make the base. Glued the sentiment on top of it. And attached that snow globe base under the circle window previously created in white cardstock.


To create the inside of my snow globe, I die cut a hill border and a house border. Attached little pieces of grey cardstock behind the houses to make windows, and added glitter paste on the edges, houses and trees to make the illusion on snow. Then I simply blended two shades of blue to create the sky, and I colored and fussy cut my image.


I attached strips of double sided foam tape at the back of my front panel, glued the borders on the sky panel, added a bunch of white dots to the sky, attached my image in the middle of the scene using foam squares, put a bunch of sequins in the window, and finally attached the background at the back of the window panel to close the shaker part.

I attached the whole panel to a piece of red plaid paper, and finally added an inside scallop vellum circle on the window to give the illusion of frost.

VIDEO
Below or here

CRAFTIN DESERT DIVAS SUPPLIES
OTHER SUPPLIES
- Spectrum Noir alcohol markers
- Glitter paste from BoBunny
- Plaid paper from Lawn Fawn
- Solar white cardstock from Neenah
- Silver mirror cardstock from my stash
- Watercolor cardstock from Canson
- Vellum from Canson

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire